Nigerian TikToker Nsikak Abigail, popularly known as Mirabel, has returned to social media months after she was taken into police custody and later placed in a rehabilitation programme over a false rape allegation.
Mirabel returned to TikTok on Saturday, sharing several posts in her first known activity on the platform since the controversy began in February.
In one post, she wrote, “I survived, so I’m awaiting your hate comments.”
She also posted a video captioned, “Out of therapy but not healed,” suggesting she is still dealing with personal issues despite completing the rehabilitation programme.
In another post, she wrote, “Made peace with my mental health since rehab couldn’t help. Hi y’all.”
She also wrote, “We all make mistakes, but not a bisexual stud.”
Mirabel first gained widespread attention in February after posting emotional videos claiming that an unidentified man broke into her home in Ogijo, Sagamu Local Government Area of Ogun State, and sexually assaulted her.
She said the incident happened on February 15, 2026, after she had been drinking because of insomnia. She claimed she opened her door thinking the person outside was a neighbour, but the man pushed her, causing her to hit her head on a refrigerator and lose consciousness. She further alleged that he tied and gagged her before sexually assaulting her and leaving.
The claims went viral and drew outrage from celebrities, activists and the public. However, inconsistencies later emerged in her account.
During a conversation with activist VeryDarkMan, Mirabel admitted the allegation was fabricated. She reportedly said she created the TikTok account allegedly used by the supposed attacker and had been taking drugs without thinking clearly.
The Ogun State Police Command then began an investigation, and Mirabel voluntarily reported to Ibafo Police Station. She was later moved to Ogijo police jurisdiction for medical examination and treatment.
Although police initially said she could face prosecution, she was later released to the Ogun State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development for care.
In June, Ogun State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Oluwasina Ogungbade, said investigations and Mirabel’s admissions showed the allegation was “false and deliberately fabricated.”
He said there was no offender to arrest or prosecute and no public safety threat from the allegation. The government therefore chose psychosocial rehabilitation over prosecution.
Mirabel was placed under the ministry’s care while undergoing rehabilitation. Her latest posts suggest she has returned to public life, although she has not said when she left the facility or given further details about her recovery.
